RICHARD D. COHEN, JR.
7253 Stanford · St. Louis, MO 63130 · Tel: 314.725.3453 · Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Technology Planning
· Application and Data Integration
· Systems Analysis and Management
· Full-Cycle Project Management
· Technical Writing and Documentation
· System Upgrades
Ø Provided 24/7 support of critical computer-driven systems for live radio broadcasts at six local stations, in a mixed OS environment.
Ø Instituted a new information systems department to support a 7-site occupational health provider, resulting in streamlined procedures, better user support, and increased system productivity and reporting.
Ø Prepared all systems for Y2K compatibility in less than 3 months, resulting in successful transition for over 125 users.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES MANAGER 2001 – 2005
· Supported over 200 employees at 6 local radio stations including production facilities, marketing department, business offices, and engineering personnel.
· Organized and maintained Active Directory, including writing a system-wide logon script.
· Implemented automated antivirus protection and system backups.
· Developed and instituted an in-house Intranet site that centralized on-line directories, schedules, forms, and engineering documentation.
· Composed a wide range of solutions documentation, including a trouble/solution database, systems inventory, wiring diagrams, standardized software installation procedures, and hardware/LAN configurations.
OWNER / CONSULTANT 2000 – 2001
· Provided computer systems consulting and support services, including design, configuration, upgrades, installation, and user training for PCs and PC networks.
· Designed and coded business web sites.
INFORMATION SYSTEMS MANAGER 1999 – 2000
· Designed and implemented Y2K upgrades and contingency plans for all systems supporting 125 users.
· Performed asset allocation surveys on existing equipment, instituted system-wide standards, recommended necessary hardware and software upgrades, and reconfigured workstations.
· Reorganized the information systems facilities by implemented media libraries and repair parts inventories, and consolidating record keeping processes.
· Maintained all Citrix, Windows, FAXRight, and SQL servers.
· Provided Level 1 and Level 2 Help Desk support to all users.
INFORMATION SYSTEMS MANAGER 1998 – 1999
· Managed the technical support of 7 occupational health sites and over 100 users.
· Organized a new Information Systems department, including file and printer services, backup and recovery procedures, email accounts, and software licensing.
· Performed asset allocation surveys on existing equipment, instituted system-wide standards, recommended necessary hardware and software upgrades, and replaced existing terminals with PCs using terminal emulation for existing legacy/UNIX applications.
· Composed technical manuals for all systems procedures.
· Redesigned report formats and directed programming staff.
Mylee Technical Services, St. Louis MO
· Managed sales and technical departments of a computer maintenance and repair company with 15 employees.
· Directed service call scheduling and tracked progress through resolution of the call.
· Provided technician support of DOS, Windows, LANtastic, Novell, Ethernet, data communications, network hardware, wiring, parts and product sources, and customer service.
· Generated leads, provided price quotes, and approved all orders.
· Supervised in-house PC configuration, installation, upgrades, maintenance, and repairs.
· Selected, installed, and maintained all in-house application software.
· Oversaw all day-to-day business operations, including budgeting, analyzing cash flow, hiring, advertising, and training.
Mylee Systems Company, St. Louis MO
· Led the application design, programming, and documentation for the modules Inventory Management, Inventory Control, Purchasing, EDI, Sales Analysis, Special Labeling, JCL, and Custom Reports.
· Provided classroom training and customer support for these applications.
OWNER / CONSULTANT, Monat, Ltd. (1988 – 1992)
PROGRAMMER / SUPPORT SPECIALIST, Mylee Systems Company (1986 – 1988)
DEVICE DESIGNER AND INTEGRATOR, Biodan Medical Systems (1984 – 1986)
CORPORATE DATA PROCESSING MANAGER, Glasco Electric Company (1973 – 1984)
¨ Active Directory
¨ Avaya v-Mail
¨ Calendar Creator
¨ Dell/Compaq/HP Servers
¨ Help Desk Support
¨ MS Exchange
¨ MS Office Suite
¨ MS Outlook/Express
¨ Windows 3.x/95/98/2000/XP
¨ Windows NT/XP Servers
¨ Workstation Management
University of Missouri, St. Louis MO
Liberal Arts Course Study
TECHNICAL AND MANAGERIAL COURSES INCLUDE:
· Conflict Resolution
· LAN/WAN Design
· MCSE Self-Study Course
· NT Servers
· Team Building